Headaches & Migraines
How can Chiropractic help with headaches?
Are headaches, migraines or face pain slowing you down? Headache relief is one of the most common reasons people seek Chiropractic care. Anyone who has experienced headaches knows how nagging and they can be.
It is currently estimated that 80% of the people will experience tension headache at some point, and 15% of the population suffer from migraines (7,10)
Chiropractors have the training to recognise different types of headaches and migraines. Chiropractors' have various techniques and tools at our disposal to help patients achieve relief from those sore and throbbing areas in their head, neck, face, and jaw.
At Dr Nathan's Chiropractic Studio, I have helped many patients in; Windsor, Prahran, South Yarra, St Kilda, and the inner Melbourne area with headaches.
I welcome any questions you have on headaches and head and face pain. Please book an appointment or call 0400 041 976 to schedule a consultation, so I may be able to provide you with an appropriate treatment plan for your needs.
Recent Blog Posts
The World Federation of Chiropractic has cited the following ten references for a solid understanding of the scientific studies related to Chiropractic care and headaches.
1. Effectiveness of manual therapies: the UK evidence report. Bronfort, Gert; Haas, Mitch; Evans, Roni; Leininger, Brent & Triano, Jay. Chiropractic \& osteopathy. 2010. LINK
2. Evidence-based guidelines for the chiropractic treatment of adults with neck pain. Bryans, Roland; Decina, Philip; Descarreaux, Martin; Duranleau, Mireille; Marcoux, Henri; Potter, Brock; Ruegg, Richard P; Shaw, Lynn; Watkin, Robert & White, Eleanor. Journal of manipulative and physiological therapeutics. 2014. LINK
3. Manual therapies for cervicogenic headache: a systematic review. Chaibi, Aleksander & Russell, Michael Bjørn. The journal of headache and pain. 2012. LINK
4. Manual therapies for migraine: a systematic review. Chaibi, Aleksander; Tuchin, Peter J & Russell, Michael Bjørn. The journal of headache and pain. 2011. LINK
5. Effectiveness of manual therapy for chronic tension-type headache: a pragmatic, randomised, clinical trial. Castien René F, van der Windt Daniëlle A, W M. Grooten Anneke, Dekker Joost
Cephalalgia : an international journal of headache. 0. LINK
6. Spinal manipulation in the treatment of episodic tension-type headache: a randomized controlled trial. Bove, G & Nilsson, N. JAMA. 1998. LINK
7. Efficacy of physiotherapy including a craniocervical training programme for tension-type headache; a randomized clinical trial. van Ettekoven, H & Lucas, C.Cephalalgia : an international journal of headache. 2006. LINK
8. Efficacy of a C1-C2 self-sustained natural apophyseal glide (SNAG) in the management of cervicogenic headache. Hall, Toby; Chan, Ho Tak; Christensen, Lene; Odenthal, Britta; Wells, Cherie & Robinson, Kim. The Journal of orthopaedic and sports physical therapy. 2007. LINK
9. A randomized controlled trial of exercise and manipulative therapy for cervicogenic headache. Jull, Gwendolen; Trott, Patricia; Potter, Helen; Zito, Guy; Niere, Ken; Shirley, Debra; Emberson, Jonathan; Marschner, Ian & Richardson, Carolyn. Spine. 2002. LINK
10. The efficacy of spinal manipulation, amitriptyline and the combination of both therapies for the prophylaxis of migraine headache. Nelson, C F; Bronfort, G; Evans, R; Boline, P; Goldsmith, C & Anderson, A V. Journal of manipulative and physiological therapeutics. 1998. LINK
Dr Nathan's Chiropractic Studio is located in Prahran/Windsor serving patients from South Yarra, Toorak, Malvern, St Kilda, St Kilda East in Melbourne's inner south eastern suburbs . Dr Nathan's Chiropractic Studio is located just off Chapel Street, near the corner of High and Chapel Street. Conveniently located within a 10 minute walk to Prahran or Windsor train station.